Our garage floors aren’t usually something most of us pay much attention to, unless we are working on our cars, or something is wrong with the floor itself such as an oil stain. This oversight is a tad unfair – particularly since the garage is fast becoming more than just a place where you park the car.
An epoxy coated floor, can take a drab concrete floor and transform it into a professional looking floor worthy of your attention. Not only is it beautiful, it is one of the toughest and most durable finishes you can apply, which is why more and more Phoenix residents are making it their top choice for garage flooring.
What Is Epoxy Coating?
Epoxy is not paint. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way: Epoxy is a thermosetting resin that once correctly applied to a garage’s floor, can instantly transform a concrete floor, into a non-porous surface (once it’s cured). Epoxy is resilient to impacts, chipping, chemical stains, and surface abrasion.
Epoxy Flooring Applications
No matter what you use your garage floor, Epoxy comes in a wide variety of colors for you to choose from. You can customize the color to reflect your particular styles preferences. It can be used for both residential and commercial applications.
The Benefits of Epoxy
- Economical Choice – Epoxy coated floors last longer and resist considerable wear and tear, thus saving you money on concrete resurfacing costs.
- Damage Resistant – Resistant to impacts, chipping, and surface abrasion as well as normal wear and tear.
- Chemically Resistant – Can survive continued exposure to harsh chemicals, which is perfect for car hobbyists.
- Low Maintenance – Non-porous = low maintenance.
- Safety – Imbedded aggregates make these coatings resistant to slippage, temperature (perfect in Phoenix), extreme impact, and even fire.
If you are looking to have Epoxy flooring installed in your home garage, it’s important to first consider your garage door’s overall condition, particularly since you’ll be operating it four times per day (on average) to park your vehicle on your newly installed flooring. Contact Sun Devil Garage Door in Phoenix for all of your garage needs.